Cherry Chicken Spirals
Community Recipe from
- 4 whole(s) Skinless chicken breasts 1/2s
- 6 slices of turkey bacon halved
- 2/3 cup(s) dried cherries snipped
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey mustard
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly into a rectangle 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Discard plastic wrap.
- 2. In a large skillet cook turkey bacon over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side or just until lightly browned but not crisp. Place on pounded chicken.
- 3. In a small bowl combine cherries and half of the honey mustard. Divide cherry mixture evenly among the pounded chicken. Fold in shorter side edges; roll up from longer bottom edge. Brush rolls with remaining honey mustard. In a shallow dish combine panko, thyme and pepper. Roll chicken in panko mixture to coat. Place, seam side down in prepared pan. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Serve with sauteed greens such as bok choy, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lesmed and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes