Preheat the oven to 350*.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 can(s) cherry filling
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1 ounce(s) chocolate-almond bark
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg yolks, one at a time to the butter mixture and beat. Add the flour and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Set 1/2 cup of the dough aside. Press the remaining dough onto the bottom of an ungreased 9x13" baking pan.
- Spread the cherry filling on top of the dough. Drop small pieces of the reserved dough over the cherry filling. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool and then dust with the confectioners' sugar.
- Melt the chocolate-almond bark in a microwave oven or the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the baked dessert. Cut into bars and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by patecoleman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts