Simple and very tasty recipe. I only used 1 Tbsp bacon grease in the dressing and that was enough. I also omitted the salt because our bacon was already very salty. The cherries were great!
Cherry and Bacon Spinach Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Food Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 583mg
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces pitted Rainier cherries
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces shaved aged manchego cheese
- 1. Cook bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat, stirring often, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and reserve bacon grease.
- 2. Put spinach, cherries, vinegar, oil, salt, and 2 tbsp. reserved bacon fat in a serving bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon pieces and top with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note