In general a nice recipe; I made it with dried cranberries. However 1) not every country sells graham crackers. USA is actually about the only one! So suggest an alternative, e.g.ginger cookies. 2) the instructions for cutting and folding is VERY confusing. A series of illustrations or a video would have solved this problem.
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 155
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 3.8mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 62mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 (3-ounce) bags dried sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 (18 x 14-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- Cooking spray
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Stir in almonds and vanilla. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Combine the butter and oil. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to prevent drying). Lightly brush phyllo sheet with 1 tablespoon butter mixture. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbs and 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar. Repeat layers once. Top with 1 phyllo sheet. Gently press layers together. Lightly coat top phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Cut stack lengthwise into 4 (3 1/2-inch-wide) strips. Cut each strip in half crosswise. Spoon 2 tablespoons of cherry mixture onto 1 short end of each rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold 1 corner of edge with 1-inch border over mixture, forming a triangle; continue folding back and forth into a triangle to end of rectangle. Tuck edges under triangle. Place triangles, seam side down, on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat triangles with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo, butter mixture, crumbs, brown sugar, cherry mixture, and cooking spray.
- Bake at 375º for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet, and cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts