Cherry-and-Cream Baby Cakes
These sweet little scones are the perfect size for popping into your mouth.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; cut butter into dry ingredients with a pastry blender until crumbly. Add 3/4 cup whipping cream and next 3 ingredients, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Knead dough in bowl 2 or 3 times to incorporate dry ingredients.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times. Pat dough to 3/4" thickness; cut with a lightly floured 1 1/2" round cutter. Place scones on a lightly greased baking sheet. Chill 20 minutes. Brush scones with 1 tablespoon whipping cream, and sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 375º for 18 to 20 minutes or until scones are golden. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads