Cherry-and-Cream Baby Cakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; cut butter into dry ingredients with a pastry blender until crumbly. Add 3/4 cup whipping cream and next 3 ingredients, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Knead dough in bowl 2 or 3 times to incorporate dry ingredients.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times. Pat dough to 3/4" thickness; cut with a lightly floured 1 1/2" round cutter. Place scones on a lightly greased baking sheet. Chill 20 minutes. Brush scones with 1 tablespoon whipping cream, and sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 375º for 18 to 20 minutes or until scones are golden. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note