Cherry-Almond Streusel Danish
Yield: 8 Danish
- Streusel Topping
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Sliced Almonds
- 3 ounces cream cheese (from 8-oz package), softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cherry pie filling with more fruit (from 21-oz can)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 3 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter, using fork, until mixture is crumbly. Add almonds; toss and set aside.
2. In another small bowl, mix 3 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. In third small bowl, mix pie filling and almond extract.
3. Separate biscuits; press each biscuit into 5-inch round. On center of each biscuit round, spoon pie filling with 4 or 5 cherries and heaping 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture. Bring all sides of dough up over filling, stretching gently if necessary, and gather in center above filling; firmly pinch edges to seal. Dip tops and sides into melted butter, then dip into streusel; lightly press streusel on tops and sides. Place seam sides down, 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes.
5. In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing is smooth and creamy. Place icing in small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut small tip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Squeeze icing in zigzag pattern on tops of cooled Danish.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):
1 Danish: Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 4g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 590mg; Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 27g); Protein 6g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 4 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry-Almond Streusel Danish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch