Cherry -Almond Angel Roll
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) cherry preserves
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 4 cup(s) thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2-4 drop(s) red food coloring
- 1 package(s) white chocolate or vanilla instand pudding and pie filling
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large sheet pan with an 18" piece of parchment paper.
- 2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 3. Pour batter over parchment, spreading evenly.
- 4. Sprinkle almonds evenly over batter.
- 5. Bake 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip.
- 6. Remove pan from oven.
- 7. Sprinkle sugar over cake.
- 8. Place an additional piece of parchment over cake.
- 9. Invert cooling rack over parchment.
- 10. Carefully invert cake; remove pan and parchment from bottom of cake.
- 11. Starting at short side, roll up cake in parchment, jelly-roll style.
- 12. Cool completely.
- 13. Unroll cake an spread with preserves.
- 14. In large bowl, combine sour cream, whipped topping, almond extract and food coloring; mix well.
- 15. Add pudding mix; whisk until thickened.
- 16. Spread filling over cake to within 1" of edge; roll up cake.
- 17. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry -Almond Angel Roll Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes