Cherimoya with Chile Lime Shrimp
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 341
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sodium: 624mg
- Cholesterol: 230mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound (30 to 35 per lb.) peeled, cooked medium shrimp
- 1/4 firm-ripe Hawaiian papaya, peeled and cut into 1/4-in. dice
- 1/2 ripe cherimoya*, peeled, seeds left in, and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1. Combine juices, sugar, chile, oil, and salt in a small saucepan and boil over high heat, stirring often, until golden brown and reduced to 1/3 cup, 5 minutes.
- 2. Divide shrimp and fruit between 2 plates. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with cilantro. As you eat the cherimoya, pick out the seeds.
- *Buy at well-stocked grocery stores, Latino markets, and some farmers' markets.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads