- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound (30 to 35 per lb.) peeled, cooked medium shrimp
- 1/4 firm-ripe Hawaiian papaya, peeled and cut into 1/4-in. dice
- 1/2 ripe cherimoya*, peeled, seeds left in, and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves
- calories 341
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- protein 31 g
- fat 7.7 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- carbohydrate 41 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- sodium 624 mg
- cholesterol 230 mg
How to Make It
Combine juices, sugar, chile, oil, and salt in a small saucepan and boil over high heat, stirring often, until golden brown and reduced to 1/3 cup, 5 minutes.
Divide shrimp and fruit between 2 plates. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with cilantro. As you eat the cherimoya, pick out the seeds.
*Buy at well-stocked grocery stores, Latino markets, and some farmers' markets.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.