- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and quartered
- 6 ounces low-fat Cheddar, cubed
- 6 ounces low-fat Swiss cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces ham, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- calories 573
- fat 39 g
- satfat 9 g
- protein 40 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 263 mg
- sodium 1204 mg
How to Make It
Divide lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, radishes, hard-boiled eggs, cheeses and ham among 4 large salad bowls.
In a bowl, whisk vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, drizzle in oil until mixture is combined.
Serve salads, passing dressing on the side.
Make it your own. This recipe is flexible, so feel free to change it to suit your family's tastes. Give it Mexican flair by substituting Jack for the Swiss cheese and tossing in avocado. For a touch of heat, add a pinch or two of chili powder to the vinaigrette.