Chef Will Leroux's Clam Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 2 stalk(s) celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 8 can(s) 6.5 oz clams, with juice
- 2 cup(s) cooked diced potatoes
- 1 quart(s) half-and-half
- 3 strip(s) bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 dash(es) Tobasco sauce
- 1. Melt butter. Add onion, garlic, celery and thyme. Saute until onions are transparent. Add flour; cook, stirring, 5 minutes
- 2. Add clams and clam juice. Cook over medium-low heat 20 to 30 minutes (do not boil).
- 3. Add potatoes and half and half; heat on low. Do not boil or cream may break.
- 4. Stir in bacon, salt, pepper and Tabasco. Makes 2 quarts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chef Will Leroux's Clam Chowder Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews