Chef Mario Batali's Bleu Cheese Pocket Burgers from the Chew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 3/4 pound(s) ground chuck
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) groung pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) bleu cheese crumbled
- 4 Hamburger buns
- Form ground chuck into 8 evenly sized thin patties. Two patties are used for each burger.
- On one side of each patty, sprinkle a quarter of the cumin, pepper and salt mixture. ( I used only salt and pepper, increasing the amount of salt several times.)
- Making sure the spices are on the outside of each burger, place a quarter of the bleu cheese in the center of 4 patties.
- Take top patty and place over bleu cheese making sure spices are on top.
- Gently push down around the bleu cheese and pinch sides of patty together until cheese is completely closed off.
- Brush outside of burger lightly with olive oil and add a pinch more of salt ( I used the salt and pepper mixture)
- Grill at medium heat and let cook seven minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- To eat, place on toasted bun, add preferred toppings.
- suggested toppings:
- red onion
- chinese mustard
- sliced jalapenos
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolynjgardner and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note