Chef Mario Batali's Bleu Cheese Pocket Burgers from the Chew
Community Recipe from
- 1 3/4 pound(s) ground chuck
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) groung pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) bleu cheese crumbled
- 4 Hamburger buns
- Form ground chuck into 8 evenly sized thin patties. Two patties are used for each burger.
- On one side of each patty, sprinkle a quarter of the cumin, pepper and salt mixture. ( I used only salt and pepper, increasing the amount of salt several times.)
- Making sure the spices are on the outside of each burger, place a quarter of the bleu cheese in the center of 4 patties.
- Take top patty and place over bleu cheese making sure spices are on top.
- Gently push down around the bleu cheese and pinch sides of patty together until cheese is completely closed off.
- Brush outside of burger lightly with olive oil and add a pinch more of salt ( I used the salt and pepper mixture)
- Grill at medium heat and let cook seven minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- To eat, place on toasted bun, add preferred toppings.
- suggested toppings:
- red onion
- chinese mustard
- sliced jalapenos
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolynjgardner and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes