Great casserole for a large group.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 pound(s) penne rigate cooked as directed
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 32 ounce(s) chicken breasts grilled and chopped
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 6 clove(s) garlic minced
- 6 cup(s) milk or 1/2 and 1/2
- 10 ounce(s) fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup(s) oil packed sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) italian blend cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter or spray 2 shallow 2 quart baking dishes.
- Grill or saute chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. while chicken is cooking, prepare pasta as directed and sauté mushrooms in olive oil.
- Put butter into large deep pan and heat on med until butter is melted. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes, then whisk in flour and milk. Add mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes and remove from heat. Gradually add Italian cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan. Lastly add cooked pasta and chicken. Divide into the two casserole dishes and top with remaining cup of parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on edges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kathleen64 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note