This was terrific! I only had yellow peppers, after sauteeing them I took them out, and then placed them on top of the egg mixture. I turned out beautifully! It would look even better with red pepper. Great way to use seasonal vegetable, great taste!
Cheesy Zucchini Frittata
If you need to make breakfast in a hurry, chop the vegetables and separate the eggs the night before and keep them covered in the refrigerator until morning.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 155
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 381mg
- Calcium: 215mg
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 3. Heat oil in an ovenproof medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add egg mixture. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes or until set around edges. Remove pan from heat.
- 4. Bake at 475° for 8 minutes or until center is set. Cut into 4 wedges.
- carbo rating: 3
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch