Cheesy Zuccchini Boats
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1 cup(s) shredded gruyere cheese
- Several sprigs of fresh baby oregano
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut zucchini into half, lengthways.
- Scoop out most of the flesh from each zucchini, leaving just a shell.
- Chop together the flesh and add the spices from above.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the zucchini mixture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes (about).
- Stir in pecans and 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Cook for another minute.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup filling into each zucchini boat.
- Place each boat in the baking dish and add 1/4 cup hot water to the dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted
- Garnish with fresh oregano.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note