- 9 to 10 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 pts. half-and-half
- 2 cups American cheese, shredded
- Optional: Biscuit Bowls
- Biscuit Bowls:
- 1 (16.3-oz.) tube refrigerated jumbo flaky biscuits
- non-stick vegetable spray
How to Make It
In a skillet over medium heat, sauté bacon and onion together until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Drain and set aside.
Combine soup and rice in a medium saucepan; stir in bacon mixture, half-and-half and cheese.Cook over low heat until cheese melts, stirring occassionally. Serve in Biscuit Bowls, if desired.
Flatten each biscuit into a 5-inch round. Invert 8 (6-ounce) custard cups, several inches apart, on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spray bottoms of cups with non-stick vegetable spray; form flattened biscuits around cups. Bake at 350° for 14 minutes. Cool slightly and remove biscuits from cups. Return to oven and bake 7 to 10 more minutes or until golden.