We love this recipe. It is a winter standard at our house. You can easily double the cheese. Great!!!
Cheesy Vegetable Soup
Photo: Tina Cornett
Yield: 1 gallon
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut up
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced carrot
- 2 cups diced potato
- 2 cups uncooked quick rice
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) process cheese spread loaf, cubed
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender. Remove chicken, reserving broth in Dutch oven.
- Skin, bone, and chop chicken. Return chicken to broth. Add onion and next 6 ingredients.
- Bring chicken mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour and 30 minutes. Add cheese, and cook, stirring often, until cheese melts (do not boil).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes