Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
Tossing the shredded Cheddar with a tablespoon of flour helps the cheese melt smoothly. The result is a creamy base for this chunky chowder.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 185
- Fat: 5.0g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 26.8g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 721mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Calcium: 178mg
- 2 slices 40%-less-fat bacon (such as Gwaltney)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion (such as Simply Potatoes)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp; remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Crumble bacon.
- Add onion and bell pepper to hot drippings; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add potato and broth to pan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk and corn; cook over medium- low heat 5 minutes. Combine cheese and flour, tossing to coat cheese. Add to chowder, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in black pepper. Top each serving evenly with crumbled bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note