Easy peasy to make. Added just a splash of extra milk and broiled for 7 minutes instead of 4, otherwise no modifications.
Cheesy Twice-Baked Potatoes
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 635mg
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat broiler, placing oven rack directly beneath heat source. Pierce potatoes with a fork all over and cook on high in microwave until tender, about 20 minutes, turning once. While potatoes are cooking, sauté bacon in a small, heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat until crisp and brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. When cool enough to handle, crumble bacon and set aside.
- Put butter and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. With hands covered to protect from heat, cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh with a spoon. Place potato flesh in a medium bowl and break up with a fork; set aside potato skins. Add milk mixture, salt, pepper, 3/4 cup cheese and scallions to bowl with potato flesh and mix well. Stir in bacon. Divide potato mixture among potato skins.
- Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Broil potatoes until tops are crisp and bubbling and mixture is heated through, about 4 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables