Cheesy Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium-size sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Jarlsberg or Monterey Jack cheese
- Melt butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine potatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop potato mixture into 3 1/2 inch rounds; cook, in batches, 5 minutes on each side or until golden, adding remaining oil as necessary. Press down with a spatula to flatten; top hash browns evenly with Jarlsberg or Monterey Jack cheese during the last 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch