Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 whole(s) chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) Shredded American Cheese shredded
- 8 ounce(s) Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 6 slice(s) 2% American Cheese Slices
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon(s) pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil
- 1 box(es) Frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1/4-1/2 cup(s) Fat Free Sour Cream
- Preheat oven at 400
- Thaw and slightly dry frozen spinach
- Mix cream cheese, spinach together (microwave for 30 sec to soften cream cheese)
- Mix spices added 1/2 all over chicken & other 1/2 add to spinach and cream cheese mixture.
- Add 1/4 c sour cream to cheese mixture will be thick cheese dip texture add additional sour cream if needed for mixture to be consistant, 1/4 cup is usually enough for our taste.
- Trim excess fat from chicken breasts
- Slice chicken so it is not cut all the way across but a pocket or taco like to add cheese mixture.
- Add cheese mixture to chicken breasts (toothpicks might be needed to hold together)
- Bake covered at 400 for 1 hr
- Check chicken should be white through out the breast
- Place 2 pieces of cheese slices on each breast
- Continue to bake for 10-15 min to let slices melt
- Let rest for 5 minutes and serve
- *I split 1 breast in 1/2 for small children
This recipe is a personal recipe added by baileyan33 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes