I made this dish for my mother and husband and everyone gave it rave reviews. Also, would be a great make a head meal.
Cheesy Spinach Lasagna
To reduce sodium, omit Canadian bacon and salt.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 295
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 799mg
- Calcium: 504mg
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3-ounce) package Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (26-ounce) jar low-fat pasta sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- Stir together 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and next 5 ingredients.
- Sauté chopped Canadian bacon and diced onion in a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir into cheese mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce on bottom of an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with 3 noodles and 1/2 cup pasta sauce; top with half of cheese mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining pasta sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese; bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes.
- NOTE: Freeze individual portions as desired. To reheat, bake, covered at 300' for 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note