So good! Very tasty and flavorful. I used water instead of skim milk (because we were out) and made a double batch using a covered stoneware baker rather than a crock pot. Turned out beautifully and made a lot! I am already planning to make it again this weekend.
Cheesy Spinach-Artichoke Dip
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 166
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 7.6g
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 22.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 429mg
- 11 (6-inch) pita bread rounds
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (8-ounce) tub light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Split each pita bread in half horizontally; cut each half into 6 wedges. Place pita wedges in a single layer on baking sheets; bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Combine sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water in a bowl; let stand for 1 hour or until soft.
- 4. Place artichokes and next 11 ingredients (through garlic) in a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting 1 hour. Drain tomatoes; stir into dip. Cover and cook 1 hour. Serve warm with toasted pita wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note