This was easy and delicious! I did use the smoke Gouda, and also sautéed garlic in a little white wine. I also substituted chicken andouille sausage, since I didn't have any bacon. It added a nice smokey flavor with just a little heat! Will definitely make this again! It tasted like I worked much harder than I did!
Cheesy Shrimp and Grits
Photo: Oxmoor House
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Bring chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in grits. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in salt and next 3 ingredients. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon from pan.
- Cook shrimp in same pan over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until almost pink, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and next 4 ingredients, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in bacon.
- Spoon grits onto individual plates or into shallow bowls; top with shrimp mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note