CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES AND HAM CASSEROLE
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6-8 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 4 ounce(s) strong cheese (gruyere, manchago, extra sharp che shredded
- 1 1 sm. onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 pound(s) ham cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and peel potatoes. Slice thinly with a mandolin to measure about 4 cups. Heat 3 tablespoons butter/butter in saucepan over low heat until melted; whisk in flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; whisk in milk a little at a time, keeping consistency thick before adding next bit of milk. Heat to boiling again, whisking constantly. Slowly add shredded cheese a little at a time.
- Arrange potatoes in greased 2 quart casserole in layers, topping each layer with equal amounts of sauce, onion and cubed ham. Dot top layer with 1 tablespoon butter. Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are tender, 60-70 minutes longer. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LoAnt529 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES AND HAM CASSEROLE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles