Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
More From Southern Living
Bake Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups (3 lb.) thinly sliced baking potatoes (about 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Gradually add milk, and cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add Cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts and is well blended.
- 3. Place half of potato slices evenly in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; pour half of cheese mixture over potatoes. Repeat layers with remaining half of potato slices and cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 30 more minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and fork tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This