Precooked potatoes, would reduce the cream and or milk by 3/4 cups. Also substituted diced roasted red peppers and a little more garlic. Very creamy and rich flavor.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut potatoes into 1/8-inch-thick slices; set aside.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add green onions and next 3 ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add whipping cream and next 3 ingredients, stirring well.
- Add potato slices; bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring gently, 15 minutes or until potato slices are tender. Spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note