Precooked potatoes, would reduce the cream and or milk by 3/4 cups. Also substituted diced roasted red peppers and a little more garlic. Very creamy and rich flavor.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut potatoes into 1/8-inch-thick slices; set aside.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add green onions and next 3 ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add whipping cream and next 3 ingredients, stirring well.
- Add potato slices; bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring gently, 15 minutes or until potato slices are tender. Spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This