- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups (3 lb.) thinly sliced baking potatoes (about 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Gradually add milk, and cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
Add Cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts and is well blended.
Place half of potato slices evenly in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; pour half of cheese mixture over potatoes. Repeat layers with remaining half of potato slices and cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 30 more minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and fork tender.