I cannot say in 100 words how bad this recipe is. I could have made scrambled eggs sausage and cheese on the stovetop and done 100% better. The entire thing turned out runny even though I left it in an extra 10 min, pig slop would have looked better. My poor husband was starving so he ate it until he couldn't stand it. I was very disappointed in this recipe. I ruined a doz eggs a lb of sausage mushrooms an hour of my time, and my husbands stomach. Somebody owes me $15 bucks and a bottle of Rolaids.
Cheesy Sausage Quiche
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 183
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 16.4g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 139mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 472mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 small onion)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (12-oz.) package lean ground pork sausage
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten*
- 8 egg whites, lightly beaten*
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Sauté mushrooms and onion in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from skillet, and place in a large bowl.
- 2. Cook sausage in skillet 8 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well on paper towels. Stir together sausage, eggs, and next 4 ingredients with mushroom mixture in bowl. Pour mixture into a 10-inch quiche dish or deep-dish pieplate coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Slice into 8 wedges.
- * One (1-pt.) container of egg substitute may be substituted for the 4 whole eggs and 8 egg whites.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note