- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 small onion)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (12-oz.) package lean ground pork sausage
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten*
- 8 egg whites, lightly beaten*
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- calories 183
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 16.4 g
- carbohydrate 3.8 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- cholesterol 139 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 472 mg
- calcium 63 mg
How to Make It
Sauté mushrooms and onion in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from skillet, and place in a large bowl.
Cook sausage in skillet 8 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well on paper towels. Stir together sausage, eggs, and next 4 ingredients with mushroom mixture in bowl. Pour mixture into a 10-inch quiche dish or deep-dish pieplate coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Slice into 8 wedges.
* One (1-pt.) container of egg substitute may be substituted for the 4 whole eggs and 8 egg whites.