- 8 eggs, lightly beaten*
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese or Mozzarella cheese
- 6 Morningstar Farms® Veggie Sausage Patties
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 8 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 8 fresh parsley springs (optional)
How to Make It
In large bowl beat together eggs, cottage cheese, milk, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Squeeze excess moisture out of spinach. Stir spinach, Cheddar cheese, patties and onions into egg mixture. Pour into 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
Be sure to thoroughly drain the spinach before adding it to the casserole. Place the thawed spinach in a colander and press on it with the back of a spoon to remove all excess moisture.
*Note: For a lower-fat version, replace the 8 eggs with 2 cups of refrigerated egg substitute.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes ®, ™, © 2009 Kellogg NA Co Morningstar Farms® Recipes are the property of the Kellogg Company.