- 12 ounce Bacon and Gouda Mashed Potatoes
- 3/4 cup Crystal Farms Shredded Gouda Cheese
- 6 tablespoons sauerkraut, chopped
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 large eggs, mixed thoroughly
How to Make It
Preheat fryer to 350˚ F. Combine the Bacon and Gouda Yukon Mashed Potatoes, shredded Gouda cheese and sauerkraut. Mix well and portion into 3/4 ounce balls. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt and black pepper. Mix well, then add 1/2 cup of the seasoned flour to the panko breadcrumbs. Reserve.
In a separate bowl, mix the eggs until the whites and yolks are well combined.
To bread the mashed potato balls, first roll the balls in the seasoned flour until evenly coated. Shake off any excess flour, then dip in eggs. Transfer to panko breadcrumbs and toss until evenly coated. Return the balls to the eggs and submerge. Transfer back into the panko breadcrumbs and toss until evenly coated.
Fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown and hot on the inside. Serve with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce.