Cheesy Potato Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) thick sliced bacon diced
- 1 cup(s) minced celery
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour
- 6 cup(s) peeled and diced russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1lb. thick-sliced bacon, diced
- STIR IN:
- 3cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 4cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2cups half-and-half
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- Minced scallions
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate; set aside. Pour off all but 2 Tbsp. drippings.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic to drippings in pot and sweat over medium heat until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook 1–2 minutes. Add potatoes, dry mustard, and paprika; cook, stirring to coat potatoes, 1 minute. Stir in broth, Worcestershire, and Tabasco. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, partially covered, until potatoes are soft, 10–15 minutes. Coarsely mash potatoes, then stir in Cheddar and half-and-half until Cheddar is melted, 2 minutes. Remove soup from heat; season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Garnish servings with bacon and scallions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews