Real good soup. Creamy, cheesy, and oh so good. I substituted 4 cloves of chopped garlic for the garlic powder and African smoke spice from Trader Joe's for the pepper and it added a little extra zing!
Cheesy Potato & Ham Soup
- 6 teaspoon(s) chicken bouillon granules
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 6 slice(s) bacon
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 can(s) chicken broth or stock
- 3 pound(s) baking potatoes peeled & diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked ham cubed
- In a small skillet, pour in 1/2 cup water; add bouillon and cream cheese. Over low heat, use a whisk to melt cheese into water, until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, leaving grease in skillet, and crumble bacon. Add onion to skillet and cook until translucent and soft.
- In a large Dutch oven, add broth, spices, potatoes, and onions. Over medium heat, cook until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Stir in cream cheese mixture, bacon, ham and cheddar cheese. Heat through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CynthMic and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note