haven't tried yet. but the recipe ingredients call for cream cheese and the directions call for sour cream. I am using cream cheese and crossing my fingers
Cheesy Potato Casserole with Corn Flakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) frozen cowboy or cubed potatos
- 2 cup(s) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 16 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 1 can(s) condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 3 cup(s) crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Pour the hash browns into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream and soup.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion with 1 stick butter and saute for 5 minutes. Add this to the soup mixture and spread this over the potatoes in the dish.
- Next, arrange the crushed corn flakes over all in the dish. Melt the remaining stick of butter and pour this evenly over the corn flakes.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 1 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Vixxenesque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheesy Potato Casserole with Corn Flakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables