1. In a big pot - over medium heat combine potatoes, water, and salt. It may take a little more water. I usually just use enough to just cover the potatoes --- which is usually about 2 cups.
2. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 15 minutes (or until potatoes are tender).
3. Cut kielbasa into small circle or half moon pieces. Cook in medium frying pan on medium heat with olive oil while potatoes simmer.
3. In a separate bowl, mix butter, flour, milk, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Once potatoes are tender, add the milk mixture, and kielbasa to the pot. Cook on medium heat until bubbly. Stir every couple of minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
6. Let stand 10 minutes.
Go to full version of