this is rilly good, i love my soup to have lots of big hot kielbasa , but still there is something off about this soup i cant put my finger on it , some thing odd , odd but good , my girl hates it but my bff jerry cat get enuff
Cheesy Potato and Kielbasa Soup
Quite easy to prepare, and delicious.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 to 5 whole(s) potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margerine melted
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) 3 blend cheddar cheese (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 whole(s) kielbasa
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1. In a big pot - over medium heat combine potatoes, water, and salt. It may take a little more water. I usually just use enough to just cover the potatoes --- which is usually about 2 cups.
- 2. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 15 minutes (or until potatoes are tender).
- 3. Cut kielbasa into small circle or half moon pieces. Cook in medium frying pan on medium heat with olive oil while potatoes simmer.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix butter, flour, milk, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 4. Once potatoes are tender, add the milk mixture, and kielbasa to the pot. Cook on medium heat until bubbly. Stir every couple of minutes.
- 5. Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- 6. Let stand 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by maryslowik and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note