Cheesy Pepper Kale Chips
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 18
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 48mg
- Cholesterol: 0.7mg
- 7 to 8 oz.* (1 small bunch) Lacinato kale (often sold as "dinosaur kale" and "Tuscan kale")
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt such as sel gris
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 4 tsp. nutritional yeast*
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. Rinse kale and thoroughly blot dry with a kitchen towel. Tear leaves from ribs; discard ribs. Tear leaves into 4-in. pieces. Pour oil into a large bowl, add kale, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat evenly.
- 2. Arrange leaves in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Bake, switching pan positions after 13 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until leaves are crisp but not browned, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- *You can use larger bunches, but you'll need more oil and seasonings and maybe a third pan. Find nutritional yeast at natural-foods stores, Whole Foods Market, and bobsredmill.com
Make ahead: Up to 1 week, stored airtight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note