Good recipe for weekdays, quick. I would next time add a little more spices to bring out the sauce taste.
Cheesy Penne with Broccoli
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 54.9g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 577mg
- Calcium: 331mg
- 8 ounces uncooked mini penne pasta
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 1 medium head)
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2.5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2/3 cup)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to pan; drain. Place pasta and broccoli in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine milk and flour in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened; remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add cheese mixture to pasta mixture; toss. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This