Cheesy Pasta With Bell Peppers
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 (12-oz.) package VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Dinner
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Cook first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add ground beef, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. Bring 1 1/2 cups chicken broth to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; stir in shell macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until shells are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in beef mixture, cheese sauce from packet, basil, pepper, and remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes