Cheesy Pasta Bake
This Cheesy Pasta Bake is the perfect comfort food that your whole family will enjoy. The ground red pepper gives this casserole some heat and spice.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 16 ounces rotini or penne pasta, cooked
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until thickened. Add Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and red pepper, whisking until cheese melts. Add pasta, tossing to coat. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables