Cheesy Mexican Butter-Stuffed Chicken from Cuisine at Home
Not simple and not healthy! Total Time: 1 hour + chilling Prep: 45 minutes + chilling Cook: 15 minutes Great served with Spanish Rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) below
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup poblano chile, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 t ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 t chopped cilantro
- 1/4 t minced fresh lime zet
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/8 - 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- canola oil
- 1. Mince onion, chile, bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic, cumin, coriander and oregano in a food processor.
- 2. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat, stir in minced vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cook until moisture evaporates, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Transfer vegetable mixture to a bowl. Let cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 4. In a medium mixing bowl, mash together cream cheese, 4 tablespoons of butter and vegetable mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Spread cream cheese and vegetable filling onto plastic wrap and tightly fold in mixture to create a rectangular form. Chill filling until firm, about 30 minutes. Remove from plastic wrap and cut in quarters.
- 6. Stuff each chicken breasts with chilled filling quarter. Fold ends of breast in and Tightly roll the chicken to enclose the filling. Wrap each breast in plastic wrap and chill overnight or at least one hour.
- 7. Dredge chicken breasts in flour, then dip them into egg and finally roll them in panko bread crumbs until they are well coated. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill to set coating, 1 - 3 hours.
- 8. Add canola oil to a medium skillet and heat to 375 degrees, 5-7 minutes. Brown both sides. Transfer to rack set over baking sheet and place in preheated 450 oven. Roast breast until thermometer reach 165 degrees, about 15-20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheesy Mexican Butter-Stuffed Chicken from Cuisine at Home Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes