Yum. I skipped the horseradish since I didn't have any. I think I cut the cheeses too large, it melted out while cooking. It was still tasty though.
Cheesy Meat Loaf Minis
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.76g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Carbohydrate: 11.1g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 607mg
- Calcium: 150mg
- 1 ounce fresh breadcrumbs (about 1/2 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- 3. While breadcrumbs cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients. Shape into 6 (4 x 2-inch) loaves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; spread 2 teaspoons ketchup over each. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until done.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light January, 2011 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note