- 3 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- Sour cream or Crème Fraîche, for topping
- 8 strips crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- calories 217
- caloriesfromfat 48 %
- protein 9.7 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- sodium 680 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Preheat a waffle iron on medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
Mix mashed potatoes, eggs, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and half of chopped green onions until just combined.
Scoop 1/2 cup of mixture into each section of Belgian waffle iron (1/3 cup for regular waffle iron) and spread evenly. Cook on medium until nicely browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
Serve waffles topped with sour cream, remaining green onions, and bacon.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per Belgian waffle.