- 8 small new potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf Mexican-style pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
How to Make It
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool and cut into thin slices; set aside.
Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove mixture from heat; add cheese and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts.
Layer potato slices, pimiento, and bell pepper in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; top evenly with cheese mixture.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.