These were very tasty! Nice and creamy with good flavor as well. I took the extra step of slicing the Jalepeno rounds into halves to make them a bit more bite sized. I also cooked them in a normal pan instead of cast iron and it worked just fine.
Cheesy Cast-Iron Skillet Scrambled Eggs
Crumbled goat cheese is stirred into these scrambled eggs giving them a creamy consistency. These Cheesy Cast-Iron Skillet Scrambled Eggs are just as good for supper as they are for breakfast or brunch.
More From Health
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated fat: 8.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 391mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Calcium: 88mg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, cut into thin rounds, seeds included
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1. In a large cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until soft (57 minutes). Stir in eggs, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft curds form (about 3 minutes).
- 2. Remove skillet from heat and mix in the goat cheese and chives. Serve immediately with whole-grain toast or English muffin, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note