Cheesy Hash Brown-Sausage Pie
Sausage and hash browns combine in this cheesy dish that puts other breakfast casseroles to shame. Serve with a cup of fresh fruit for brunch or with a salad for a light supper.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 20.8g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Calcium: 183mg
- 1 (12-ounce) package 50%-less-fat ground pork sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions (about 1 bunch)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen country-style hash brown potatoes (such as Ore-Ida), thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place first 3 ingredients in a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, and cook over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in hash browns, salt, and pepper; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
- 3. Combine milk and egg substitute, stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1 cup cheese; pour evenly over hash brown mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 18 minutes or until set and top begins to brown. Top with sliced tomato.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note