Cheesy Green Bean Dumpling and Potato Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 box(es) chicken broth
- 6 cube(s) chicken bouillion
- 1 tablespoon(s) chicken base
- 0 1/2 box(es) Velveeta cheese cut into small chunks
- 0 1/2 carton(s) small carton heavy whipping cream
- 2 can(s) cut green beans drained
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese grated
- 3 cup(s) flour all purpose
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 10 dash(es) ice water, not exact, just enough make dumpling dough form ball
- 6 whole(s) potatoes peeled and cubed
- Start by bringing chicken stock to boil. Add potatoes. Add chicken bouillion and chicken base. Boil for 10 minutes. Add Velveeta. Add green beans. In a bowl, mix together flour and eggs. Will not yet be formed into a ball so gradually add bits of ice water to the dough until it forms a stiff ball of dough. These dumplings are very hard and chewy, the way my family likes them. (For fluffier dumplings add 1 tsp baking soda and 1 more egg and you may not need the ice water, just depends on how dough looks.) Once you have your dough in a ball, drop dough by 1/4-1/2 teaspoonfuls into boiling soup. After all of your dumplings are in the pot, stir. Add shredded cheddar cheese and heavy whipping cream. Stir and let cook for about 10 minutes. Ready to eat. YUMMY!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by auntjuju28 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheesy Green Bean Dumpling and Potato Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews