Very easy. Very good. Needs a little more than 5 to 7 minutes, more like 10. Great with Shrimp Scampi in the November 2008 Southern Living.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-oz.) French bread loaf
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled*
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Italian-herb seasoning
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread diagonally into slices.
- 2. Place peeled garlic cloves on cutting board with salt. Smash garlic and salt together using flat side of a knife to make a paste.
- 3. Stir together garlic paste, cheese, butter, and Italian-herb seasoning. Spread butter mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Place bread on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- *1 1/2 tsp. jarred minced garlic may be substituted. Omit salt, and stir minced garlic together with cheese, butter, and seasoning in Step 3.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Mrs. Dash Italian Medley Seasoning Blend.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note