Very easy. Very good. Needs a little more than 5 to 7 minutes, more like 10. Great with Shrimp Scampi in the November 2008 Southern Living.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
This Cheesy Garlic Bread could not be easier to make! Plus, it works great on its own or dipped in a hot bowl of soup.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-oz.) French bread loaf
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled*
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Italian-herb seasoning
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread diagonally into slices.
- 2. Place peeled garlic cloves on cutting board with salt. Smash garlic and salt together using flat side of a knife to make a paste.
- 3. Stir together garlic paste, cheese, butter, and Italian-herb seasoning. Spread butter mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Place bread on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- *1 1/2 tsp. jarred minced garlic may be substituted. Omit salt, and stir minced garlic together with cheese, butter, and seasoning in Step 3.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Mrs. Dash Italian Medley Seasoning Blend.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note