- 1/2 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 14 ounces (1 can) tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 8 ounces (1 can) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup HOLLAND HOUSE Red Cooking Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces (1 can) kidney beans, drained
- 1 pound mild Mexican processed cheese with jalapeno peppers, cubed
- Tortilla chips
How to Make It
First make the Hearty Chili: In large saucepan, brown ground beef or turkey with onions; drain. Add garlic clove, can tomatoes, tomato sauce, HOLLAND HOUSE Red Cooking Wine, chili powder, and cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Stir in green pepper and kidney beans; simmer until thoroughly heated. Once chili is done, in medium saucepan, combine cheese and 2 cups chili. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
Serve warm with tortilla chips.